One of the biggest hits at the Annual Awards Banquet was Earl Pacella’s Lobster Dip. I forgot to put it in the newsletter this month, so I decided to post it here.
1 lb. lobster meat (frozen or fresh)
16 oz. whipped cream cheese
1 tablespoon mayonaisse
Mix all ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve with your favorite crackers.
The photo contest for 2016 was held at the November Banquet.
- First Place: Mackerel in Grass by Chris Michell
- Second Place: Rainbow by Junior member Avery Patles
- Third Place: Boats by Chris Michell
The next photo contest will be held in November of 2017. You will need to bring a print of your photo to the Annual Awards Banquet to enter it into the contest. Winners should submit a digital copy for us to put on the website and in the newsletter.
The Plum Island General Scholarship Fund
Plum Island Surfcasters offers one scholarship each year to a deserving family member of our club. Please read about the program below. The application deadline is April 30, 2017.
The purpose of this scholarship fund is to assist recipients who will consider studying in a field that involves fisheries, environmental studies or wildlife management, but is not limited to those areas. Anyone is eligible to receive this award regardless of their field of study. This scholarship will be awarded to one deserving individual annually regardless of race, gender identification or religious affiliation. The following are requirements of the application process:
1. Applicants must be a child, grandchild or great grandchild of a current, paid member of Plum Island Surfcasters.
2. Applicants must be entering a higher education institution by the following school year upon receiving scholarship.
3. Application must be received either by mail or electronically by April 30th of current year for review and approval. Scholarship will be awarded by June 30th of that year.
4. Decisions will be made by the Plum Island Surfcasters Executive Board upon review of applications. All decisions are final.