Every year our February meeting is the “How-To” night with practical sessions on various skills for fishermen–including rigging a line, using particular lures, tying flies, etc.
More details to come as we finalize the program.
- Martha Moulton of Surfland Bait & Tackle will lead a workshop on reel maintenance. Bring a reel (working or non-working) and let Martha show you how to clean and maintain your reel.
- James Jewkes will teach tying bucktail lures.
- Clay Patles will teach rigging soft plastics.
- Michael Toole will show how to make leaders for plug and bait rigs.
- Bring your tying gear and vices.
- All Juniors welcome and encouraged to attend.
Please join us on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 for the annual How-To Night, when we teach important skills like reel maintenance, jig set-up and fly tying. Our monthly meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month at PITA Hall on Plum Island (8 Plum Island Turnpike, Newbury, MA.) The doors open at 7:00 PM. DINNER WILL BE SERVED (with many thanks to Angela.) Monthly seminars resume in March. Membership information is available here.
Every February the Andover Library hosts the Fish On! series of talks on Tuesday evenings. You’ll see some familiar faces speaking there.
Feb. 6th: Eric Roach
American Shad Fishing in the Merrimack River
Feb. 13th: Tim Moore
Sweetwater Fishing Opportunities
Feb. 20th: Skip & Al Montello
Far, Far Away Fishing with Captains Skip & Al Montello
Feb. 27th: Brian Coombs
Striped Bass, Boston Harbor and Beyond
More information can be found at the library website.